CEREC is a state-of-the-art dental technology developed in 1985 that allows us to offer patients same-day dental procedures like crowns, inlays, and onlays. You’ll may never have to make two visits for a crown again!
Integrated Dental Arts has been utilizing CAD-CAM technology, CEREC, for the benefit our our patients since 2003. Both Dr. Hakes and Dr. Eliassen have invested, and continue to invest, in technology that directly benefits their patients in various facets of financial, time and comfort benefits. Recently, Drs. Hakes & Eliassen upgraded their current CEREC technology to Primescan
What is Primescan and how does it benefit our patients?
Primescan is the latest in advanced digital imaging and provides the following benefits to our patients and our planet:
- High definition impression imaging – the small camera digitally captures your teeth in 3D – comfort and waste.
- Same day ceramic crowns, depending on procedure, that you have come to love (if you can love a crown) – finance, comfort, time and waste.
- Precision fit – time saver.
- Scans are quicker, easier, and less invasive – comfort and time.
- There are no plastic trays to trigger a patient’s gag reflex – comfort and waste.
- The process is clean and simple with no messy and sticky goop – comfort, time and waste.
- Only one appointment, depending on procedure, is needed instead of multiple appointments – finance, comfort, time and waste.
- Because the crown or veneer is fitted on the same day, temporary crowns are not required, which lessens discomfort and the risk of bacteria leakage – finance, comfort and time.
- Crowns and veneers look natural and are made of ceramic instead of metal. The ceramic material is completely safe—with no mercury or toxins – comfort.
- The ceramic materials are very close to the hardness of the natural tooth, thus preventing wear of the tooth, which unfortunately so often occurs with other materials – finance, comfort, time and waste.
- Crowns and veneers fit beautifully the first time. Adjustments are rarely needed – comfort and time.
- Ability to provide SureSmile aligner technology to our patients (more information to come!)
At Integrated Dental Arts, we not only value our patients but we value their comfort and time as well. That is why we have invested in Single Tooth Anesthesia (STA); Galileos, our Cone Beam Imaging system, as well as CEREC One-Visit Dentistry technology. With CEREC One-Visit Dentistry, our patients benefit in multiple ways: from the elimination of impression material to the lack of temporary crowns to One-Visit Dentistry. There are some situations in which we may need to send the crown to an outside lab, however most patients are able to utilize our CEREC technology.
Our lack of use of impression material means no unpleasant impression material taste for you and no waste to the landfill. No longer are our patients required to bite on impression material for several minutes, have a numb jaw or an aching jaw. That also means no impression tray to irritate your gums. The Primescan creates digital 3D images that are crisper and more detailed. It is also faster, more accurate, and easier to use than other scanners on the market; the scanner uses a Smart Pixel Sensor, which processes more than 1,000,000 3D points per second—resulting in photorealistic and highly accurate data.
Lack of temporary crowns means there is no need for a second visit thus the One-Visit Dentistry. On your one and only visit for a crown, depending on procedure, we take the impression digitally; fabricate the crown in our in-house lab and then seat the crown – all in a few hours. This is where we value your time as there is no second appointment. No second appointment that is scheduled along with your busy work, life and family schedules. No second injection. No second appointment getting your hair messed up in the dental chair. One-Visit Dentistry and you leave with your permanent crown not a temporary crown.
To find out more visit: http://www.onlyonevisit.com/identalarts