Your Safety is Our Priority
Pre- Appointment Checklist:
- In order to protect our patients and staff from the continuing spread of COVID-19: please call our office before your appointment if you have the following symptoms: fever, cough, body aches, loss of taste or smell, and/or shortness of breath. We will help guide you to the most appropriate setting for evaluation and treatment.
- Please bring your phone/headphones to your appointment so you may continue to listen to your favorite songs, book or pod cast.
- Personalized arrival procedures to guide you from your car directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces. Please wear your mask into the office. Hand sanitizer is provided upon entry.
- Reduced waiting in our reception area by limiting it only to essential caregivers or those escorting someone to their appointment.
- Maintain distancing in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the clinic.
- Our reception area will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys or refreshments to avoid niches for all microbes.
- Hand sanitizer and masks will be available.
- Payment arrangements in advance to allow contactless exit from the appointment.
- UV and HEPA air purifying units throughout the office including every treatment room
- Per our normal process: pre-rinse swish for all patients to reduce bacterial and viral counts in the mouth
- Per our normal process: CaviWipes (which are effective against Corona as well as Hep and HIV viruses) to disinfect all surfaces (and bagging “high utilized equipment). In addition, enhanced operatory disinfection procedures before and after all appointments utilizing aerosol procedures with mist or fogging devices to access hard to reach places that can be easily missed.
- Per our normal process: all instruments are disinfected, packaged and sterilized to protect you
- Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
- Providing teledentistry services for follow up lab reports or communication that can be done online or through video education.
- New personal protection equipment, during aerosol producing procedures, like visors, in addition to our normal protocol of eye protection, lab coats and masks for our doctors and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
- Per our normal protocol, blood pressure will continue to be taken and now temperature will be recorded. If temperature is over 100.4*F, we will reschedule your appointment.
- For your safety and the safety of our team, the team will go through a daily COVID-19 risk screening and temperature checks.
- Due to recent events, many of us have concerns about economic recovery. We understand and encourage you to reach out with any financial concerns regarding treatment needs. We will be increasing our usage of digital forms/signatures/invoices as well as credit card auto payments to minimize paper transfer.
We look forward to seeing you in person soon.
Drs. Hakes, Eliassen and Team